Friday, December 28, 2007

Location, location, location

I thought that I should post a map of China here so that when I talk about my travels, there will be a map for easy reference.
I'm going to spend most of my time in Beijing, which is in the Northeastern part of China, somewhat near to Mongolia and the Koreas. To answer another question, I will be very close to the Great Wall, which is just outside the city.
I will also be traveling as a part of the TBC curriculum. On the major trip, called the Minority Culture Trip, I will be visiting various places in the Yunnan province of China. Yunnan is located in southern central China, bordering Laos and Myanmar, for example. On this trip I will visit Kunming, which is on this map.

On the Spring Break trip, I will travel to the Sichuan province, which is north of the Yunnan province. On the map you'll see Chengdu and Chongqing, two of the cities that I will visit during Spring Break.

Hopefully that will help you visualize a bit when I talk about these places.

No comments: