Thursday, February 21, 2008

an unexpected "adventure"

So last night I journeyed to a hospital, of all places. I've been sick ever since I got back from Yunnan, and I thought I was slowly getting better, but I started feeling really 'off' last night so I gave up. Nobody speaks English to help me or give me Western medicine, so I went to a Western hospital in Beijing and let me say this, I have never been to the emergency room in and out so quickly. They have us beat in efficiency, that's for sure. So I meet the doctor and he listens to my lungs and says that I have "almost pneumonia," if you will. Wonderful. He gave me a ton of prescriptions, which I promptly received at the hospital, with ENGLISH instructions. I was so happy to finally get some help. The only thing is you have to pay up front, but HTH Insurance will reimburse me because that's their preferred hospital in Beijing. The price was reasonable for all of the medicines I received. And I'm glad I went when I did because if I had waited a few more days, I might have had to be admitted and I can't even imagine how much that would cost...So that's my story and I would HIGHLY recommend the more than competent staff at United Family Hospital in Beijing to any person in need of medical attention in Beijing. I hear SOS International is completely incompetent and awful here, and the wait is notoriously long. Just for future reference.

No comments: