Wednesday, January 30, 2008

a little comparison, if you will

So after reading the State of the Union speech given the other day, I was disgusted, but then I realized that I had found something that we have in common with China.

Dear Mr. Bush,
When I return home from China in May, I will have no health insurance. My medications are expensive, but without them, my allergies are out of control and my stomach acid eats away the lining of my esophagus. Furthermore, I couldn't afford some of the recommended vaccines and medicines for traveling to China, but oh well, I'll just practice "preventative care." That's the state of my union. I could talk about other people, countless others, nearly everyone I know, who have similar health care-related woes, but I won't.
The fact is hard-working people can't take proper care of themselves. We're like China in that sense. A lot like them. Plus, both administrations try to hide that or cover up the fact that so many people go without proper health, which in my opinion, is implied in the 'right to life' mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. I'm just glad my little Jake is young enough to get free health insurance because his medicines are so expensive and yet so necessary.

Sincerely,
Katie Clark, the girl who has better health coverage while in China than in the States

No comments: