Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yesterday we went to KFC and it was actually a lot better than in the states. I mean to say that the chicken was much better in quality and taste. The prices were of course, lower, as well, and there were different kinds of things on the menu. Since KFC, like most if not all restaurants that cater to a primarily Chinese target audience, had no Diet Pepsi, I got this amazing fruit drink that I think was mango flavored. Anyways, the only truly tragic thing was the fact that they did not have biscuits - Lauren was crushed by this. I figured as much because I have come to expect that nothing Western will be like what I'm used to once it's been 'translated' into Chinese culture.

We found a little supermarket along Huixin Donjie, which is the big street that we typically follow because it's the street right outside the West Gate of campus - the closest gate to us. I think the West Gate is also the best 'portal' to the world outside of campus because of the myriad of stuff right beyond the gate. And if you walk in either direction, you're sure to find whatever it is that you seek, whether it be food, a bank, shops, etc. Here's the campus map, I'm still trying to figure out how to post the local map on here.

No comments: