Monday, April 7, 2008

World Autism Day

So last Wednesday was the first ever World Autism Day and I attended a large meeting on campus here at UIBE. The meeting was in Chinese, so I couldn't follow that part, but I did get to see some familiar faces - Ms. Tian Huiping and Cindy, my China autism expert. As you know by now, Tian Huiping is the leading lady behind Xingxingyu (Stars and Rain) and it was great to see her again - she's one of those people you just have to admire. Anyways, she and Xingxingyu were featured on CNN on World Autism Day, along with the great people from Heartspring that I had the chance to meet in March. Watch the CNN video here:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2008/03/30/vause.china.autism.school.cnn

At the meeting they also showed the documentary film "Children of the Stars," which is about Xingxingyu and autism in China, so here's the site for the film:
http://www.childrenofthestars-film.org/

Fortunately I have my own copy of this wonderful film. I am telling you, you just HAVE to see this movie.

No comments: